Wednesday, August 8, 2012

They're Heeeeerrrrrreeeee!

My sister comes into town today!! She has this weird tradition where she brings each of her kids (she has 4) out to California when they turn 14. Why 14? Who knows. It’s not a milestone. I think she just had an idea to come visit our dad aka grandpa when her oldest was 14 and then it “wasn’t fair” according to each of her other children. So the tradition began.

This year her youngest son turns 14, man that makes me feel old. They fly in today and will be staying at my dad’s house for a week. Unfortunately I have to work every single day that she is here. I couldn’t afford to take any more time off since we will be going back to Michigan in 2 weeks. I’m excited for them to be here but sad that I won’t get to spend much time with them.

1 comment:

  1. when your sisters were 12 their mom put them on a plane to florida alone. so kind of a tradition for her, only she didnt want them to go alone

    ReplyDelete