Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Best Tree Ever

My Christmas tree, as well as the rest of the decorations, has always been themed. I work hard to make my tree look like it belongs in a Macy's New York store front window. I actually have two sets of decorations that I alternate between each year. I also have a box labeled "Christmas, Miscellaneous." This contains all the ornaments that have been given to me over the years, the ones from my childhood, ones that my girlfriends have made me for our annual ornament exchanges, the ones we've gotten on vacation, etc. They are in this box because they don't match my aforementioned themes. They have also never been on my tree.

This year I decided to forget the theme. I wanted Caleb to be a part of this tradition, maybe start some new ones. I got out ALL the Christmas boxes and picked through each one for my favorites. I opened the miscellaneous box first. Between Caleb's excitement and reminiscing over each special ornament it was the most fun I have ever had decorating for Christmas.

Nothing matches. There is no order or organized pattern. The people at Macy's would laugh at me. But my tree and my home are full of precious memories and it's beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to compare you to other people besides macey's that do themed trees.....

    Good for you for doing a memory tree. That is usually what mine are. I think my kids are tired of hearing all of the storys behind the ornaments. I'm going to let them decorate it this year.

    ReplyDelete