Sunday, April 14, 2013

Credit Card Emergency!

I recently used my Victoria's Secret credit card that I hadn't used in a while. I couldn't remember if I opted out of paper statements or not. I didn't want to forget about paying the bill or pay it late so I called the number on the back of the card for the balance.

I got the automated system "Welcome to your Victoria's Secret VIP Angels account. Please tell us how we can help you." I hate these things. I pressed 1 for account information. Then I pressed 1 for balance. I waited. A man answered the phone and the following conversation took place:

Me: Hi I'd like to get my account balance and the due date, please.

Man: Excuse me?

Me: I'd like to get my billing information, balance and due date.

Man: Ma'am, you'll have to call your credit card company for that, this is 9-1-1.

*WHAT*

I apologized profusely and explained that I DID call the number on the back of the card, I was even connected to the credit card company. I pressed 1 and then he picked up.

Actually, I dialed the card number, which ended in 9. Then I dialed the appropriate numbers for my selections 1, and 1. Apparently even if you're already connected and you dial the sequence 9-1-1 your call will be interrupted and a dispatcher will pick up. I bet they hate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment