Friday, April 19, 2013

This One Time...

I tell bad stories.

Usually I don't know enough details to form complete thoughts, or rather I've forgotten the details. The result is usually a tangled rambling of "Shoot, what was her name? I forget what she bought but... Actually I don't even know why she was there. Maybe it was George" In the end you've got less than half a story with no point and your brain feels like it's had a good go around with a salad spinner.

If that's not the case I have too many details. If I remember everything, I will tell you everything, and then some. It'll take me 12 minutes to tell you I bought Coke on sale because they story will start with my neighbors dog barking at 4am. Trust me, the two are related.

So, really, when I start telling a story just tune out and smile at me every once in a while so I think you're listening. It's probably best this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment