Sunday, May 3, 2015

Just Text Me "Yes" or "No"

Do people not RSVP anymore? Is this a thing of the past? Am I too old fashioned to think that this is still something we should be doing and teaching to our children? (Along with hand written thank you notes).

Caleb’s birthday party is in less than a week. We sent out invitations to family and put some in the mailboxes at school of his closest friends. I think that was around April 13.  I asked that people RSVP by April 30 for a May 9th party. That’s more than 2 weeks to look at calendars and schedules and figure out if you can make it. Or rearrange schedules if you really, really, really, REALLY want to come to a 5 year old’s Superman themed birthday party. I think that’s reasonable.

But do people respond? Some. The people I knew would be there. Papa, my sister, the usual family. Everyone else?



Seriously I just want to know if you’re coming so I can make sure I have enough food and a goody bag for your kid. So now do I buy and make enough bags for ALL the kids he invited and waste most of it if they don’t show up? Or do I only make enough for the kids I know are coming and if the others show up I say tough luck, Chuck, your mom should have RSVP’d.

Ugh. Turning 5 is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment