Saturday, May 23, 2015

Hello, Kettle? This is Pot...

Remember my rant about not RSVPing to an invitation? Remember how I was all up in arms and on a soapbox about how rude it is and inconsiderate and how the downfall of society is eminent if we don’t lend ourselves to common decency?  (that may be an exaggeration)

Diagram:   1: Foot. 2: Mouth.
Directions:  Insert.

Caleb got an invitation to a birthday party from a little girl in his class. I’m pretty sure he only got it because we invited her to his party, but that’s moot. The invitation said “RSVP regrets only.” Caleb said he wanted to go so I never sent any correspondence.

The party was today and when I reminded Caleb about it last night he was all upset about it and really, really didn’t want to go. I’m not going to make my kid go to a birthday party that he doesn’t want to be at for a kid he’s not really friends with. Plus now I can return the obligatory gift we got.

So, hi. I’m a hypocrite. But in my defense I thought we would be going and she said regrets only!! I mean, she didn’t come to Caleb’s party either. But she did RSVP…

No comments:

Post a Comment