Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Worthy Investment

You can never go wrong with white tissue paper. No one's ever said, "Man, I wish I didn't buy that white tissue paper." I don't think anyone has ever been saddened or inconvenienced by owning it. Quite the opposite, in fact. Oh if I could count the times I shouted from the rooftop, "Thank goodness I have white tissue paper! Sound the trumpets, the day is saved!"

Ok, that never really happened (but it could have). Seriously, though, it's good for everything. No matter how you wrap a present you can use it. In the box, in the bag, stuff the bag. Or the famous and reoccurring event when I have an awkwardly shaped item and the bag I bought isn't big enough. Tissue paper alone becomes the wrapping of choice. Plus, it's way easier for kids to tear open, it's fast and easy to get a gift looking presentable and is readily available at every store you might already be at while running errands. No special trips for white tissue paper. 

But wait, there's more!

While having white is a staple and universal, tissue paper has come a long way since the days your mother wrapped everything in a cardboard JC Penny box. It now comes in every color you can think of, snowflake designs, polka dots, glitter, confetti, you name it. This is awesome if you want to get all Martha Stewart with your gift wrapping (I'm completely guilty) and fun for kids crafting. 

But you really just can't be without plain old, tried and true, standard white tissue paper. If you see it in the store, buy it. If you see it on clearance after Christmas, buy it all. Grab it at the dollar store. Stock up the next time you go to .. .. anywhere. It's seriously sold at every store I can think of right now. Do not ever run out. You won't be sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment