Friday, August 28, 2015

Fall!! Kind of?

It's the end of August. I don't ever really expect it to feel like Fall until the middle of September and then it only lasts a few shorts weeks until the end of October. Sometimes not even that long. I distinctly remember snow on Halloween. But I also remember being able to be outside in just a sweater on Thanksgiving. Conclusion: Mother Nature has a little too much wine sometimes. I can't fault her for that. But I don't ever remember Fall coming in the middle of August. 

It's been in the 60's in Michigan this last week and dare I say crisp. I wore a scarf the other day because it was cute and because I could do it without sweating and wanting to rip it of in the middle of my shopping trip. We've also been in our home here one full year now and have come full circle with all the seasons Michigan boasts. So I've been inspired to make a list of all the things that I like about each season.

Fall:

Scarves
Boots
Pumpkins
Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING
Apple orchards
Cider Mills
Cooler weather
Crisp air -it just feels cleaner and more breathable
Stores filled with back to school supplies

Winter:

No more sand in my son's pockets and shoes from the playground
Christmas

Spring:

Thunderstorms
Flowers and trees coming back to life
Those 60 degree temps again
Opening the windows for the first time in 5 months

Summer:

Flip flops

I clearly have a favorite and I'm so glad it's that time of year again. I'm starting to slowly come out of my annual summer funk. But it's going to be 80 degrees tomorrow with high humidity again. Go ahead, Mother Nature, have another glass. I'll join you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment