Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Should Get a Betty White DVD Instead

I’ve been spending the past week hobbling and icing my knee and ankle. Why? Because I tried too hard to work out. See what I get? It’s so much easier to just be lazy!!

So here’s what really happened: I like doing workout dvds as opposed to the gym because I don’t have to brush my teeth or put on shoes to workout. Therein lies the problem, because I should wear socks and supportive shoes while exercising. It says so right in the dvd disclaimer. So in all my barefoot efforts I hurt my ankle doing some of the cardio and compensated for it with my knee. Now they both hurt. But I didn’t want to give up, I swore I was going to shred every day for 30 days. I was the little engine that could… until I couldn’t.

It got so bad that I started limping around long after the workout was over. Laying in bed at night requires motrin and ice to fall asleep. The dvd said “if you feel pain, stop.” I didn’t. It got worse. The Captain, my fitness guru, agreed that I should give the joints a rest.

Welcome to Weight Obsessor’s Anonymous. It’s been two days since I’ve shredded and I feel like a failure.

Not only did I not shred, I went out to dinner and blew my diet. It’s been a rough week. So while I’m benched I’m watching The Captain effortlessly do p90x every single night and wishing I had half that kind of ability and motivation. I bet it’s because he wears shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment