Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Summer of George!

I’ve been finding it hard to get to the gym but I really want to make a better effort to get this baby weight off. Yeah, let’s just keep calling it baby weight. To aid in my quest my best friend got me a few work out DVDs for my birthday 2 weeks ago and I’ve been staring at them as long.

One of them was Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Can I really commit to doing it every single day for an entire month? September has 30 days, what better time to start than September 1. I declare this The Month of Jillian!!

I asked The Captain to take care of Mister in the morning while I’m shredding and also not to come up stairs. I look like a drunk penguin trying out for the Olympic gymnastics team when I work out. No one wants to see that.

My first workout was not as intense as I thought it would be. Not only is it Jillian Michaels but I don’t think I’ve moved much faster than a spectator at an amateur bowling competition in over a year. I was prepared for the worst. There are three levels so I started with level one and I did surprisingly well. Today my muscles are on strike but I pushed through the picket line and I’m 2 for 2. So far so good, although my quads would disagree.

1 comment:

  1. If I could give this a thumbs up, I totally would. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete