Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ultrasound Update

I had my ultrasound yesterday, along with blood work, another 24 urine study, and NST. The blood work was normal as it always has been. The 24 hour study came back with an increase in protein from the last one, but not enough to deliver me yesterday. The NST went well after some juice to make Baby Girl move a little. The ultrasound showed some growth, although not a lot.

From my ultrasound at 31 weeks to the scan at 33 weeks Baby Girl's abdomen didn't grow at all. This was why I got put in the hospital and eventually bed rest at home.

After two weeks of bed rest the ultrasound at 35 weeks showed her abdomen grew. It actually grew appropriately in those 2 weeks. She's still too small but there was two weeks of growth in two weeks. After the previous interval with zero growth, I'll call that amazing.

The perinatologist wasn't impressed. He was a jerk (more about this in the next blog, it got way too long). I called my doctor as soon as we left his office because I just wasn't comfortable with the way he left things. I'm waiting to hear back from her today. So for now, nothing has changed as far as a plan. I'm still resting at home but we are thrilled with the growth. She's estimated at just over 4 pounds so I'm crossing my fingers I can take back the premie clothes :)  

3 comments:

  1. of course, since you are supposed to be resting, i assume you mean take them back after her arrival! The box i sent has the receipt for the contents just in case.
    Way to go (grow) baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. Or make Brian take them back, I'm not going anywhere

      Delete
  2. Looks like resting and doing nothing is working for you!!! Keep it up.

    Aunt Marie

    ReplyDelete