Tuesday, August 31, 2010

2/10 And It's Only Going To Get Worse

I’m spent. I wish I were talking about money. I would enjoy all the new things I purchased, including some shiny things for my ears and strappy things for my feet. I would have spent hours at the outlets looking for bargains, sipping an overpriced pumpkin spice latte and texting photos of myself in a dressing room in a green dress asking my best friend if the bow makes me look fat. I would be exhausted.

Sadly the only true part of that is the exhausted bit. On top of Mister not sleeping well for the past week I feel like I live at the hospital. I worked 6 days last week, had one day off and now I’m on day 2 of a 10 day stretch. Who decided money was important? Oh, my landlord did.

The precious moments I’m not at work I’m trying to spend with Mister and The Captain and not on the computer. As you can tell (oh ye faithful few) my blog is suffering. As is my sex life. By the time I get home Mister is already asleep which is the only time The Captain and I get to ourselves. The best line in our house is “Hey, the baby’s asleep. You wanna?” But last night when I came home he was watching a documentary on the Waco, Texas disaster and I said I’d watch it with him just to spend time together. I got as far as “Wa…” and I was out cold on the couch. Apparently cult-like massacres don’t make efficient aphrodisiacs. Who knew?

Tomorrow, day 3/10, I anticipate heavy eye lids, dragging feet, constant caffeine intake and a lack of any resemblance of patience. Look out world, I’m here and I’m crabby! Now someone bring me a pumpkin spice latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment