Thursday, October 18, 2012

Done and Done!

I think it’s awkward when people update their facebook status with their child’s bowel movements. I get that it’s a big deal the first time and I understand your excitement but I don’t really want to hear about it. I assumed other people felt the same way (especially those without kids) so I never posted about our potty training progress.

Until yesterday…

I may be making a premature announcement but I’m just way too excited! We are done with diapers!!! Gone, thrown away, trash man came. Good bye diapers!!!

We started the three day method on Sunday (http://www.3daypottytraining.com) It’s no joke. Brian and I are both exhausted. Caleb went through 4 pair of underwear by 10am and I’m pretty sure I said “tell me when you have to potty” in my sleep. I don’t even care, though, because by the end of day 1 he was telling me every single time and 80% of the time made it all the way to the bathroom without so much as a dribble.

Day two was even better. Day three he made it every single time and went hours staying dry. That night he slept all night and woke up dry.

Today is day 5 and the first time we tried leaving the house, also the first time he’s worn pants since Sunday. We had an appointment to tour a new day care and I needed to go grocery shopping. The day care I wasn’t so worried about. I knew it would be a quick trip and they have little kid toilets. But the commissary? Long trip, only one bathroom at the back of the store, battles with the cart, pants, shoes, adult toilets… I was one nervous mamma. But I packed two extra pair of underwear and two more pair of pants and prepared for the worst.

Complete success!! He stayed dry the whole trip and waited until we got home to go to the potty and made it!

I’m officially calling it done. Caleb is potty trained!! And in less than a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment