Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just Trying To Do The Right Thing

So let me just rant about my vet right now. All I want to do is keep my dog healthy, which to my knowledge has always meant giving him monthly heartworm medicine. I placed an order on 1800PetMeds since he's not due for an actual heartworm test. They responded quickly saying that my vet will not release the prescription to them, the I need to call the vet and have them fax it or mail it. "Some offices require you to pick up a copy of the prescription. If this is the case you should request that it be ready for you when you arrive and you may mail it to us."

I called the vet and asked them to mail it to me since it's pretty inconvenient for me to go there unless I actually need to take my dog in. Thus the use of the online pharmacy. They said sure, no problem.

Two weeks went by and I didn't get anything in the mail. I called and explained the situation. "Sure, let me put you on hold while I get the girl who takes care of that." la la la la "Um actually she's not here. Let me get your phone number and she'll call you back when she gets back." Right. End of the day and, surprise, no phone call.

The NEXT DAY Brian got the mail and there was an envelope from the vet with the script in it. Conveniently postmarked the day before when apparently the girl who does that wasn't there.

All this to find out that you actually don't need to routinely give heartworm medicine in Southern California because we don't really have mosquitoes. Ha.

2 comments:

  1. who knew? I never thought of mosquitoes as michigan thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not necessarily a Michigan thing, but places with humidity. We don't get a lot of that here so mosquitoes aren't really an issue. But growing up and having a dog in MI heartworm meds we're something I never thought twice about. I just thought it was something you were supposed to do.

      Delete