Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pass The Tylenol Please

This pain in my side is killing me. I've had this nagging discomfort for over two weeks in the same spot on my right side. I blew it off because pregnancy is just uncomfortable. But then it turned into pain. After two days Brian finally convinced me to call the doctor. She said it was ligament pain. I told her it felt like a kidney stone. She told me to drink more water and take tylenol.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do for a pregnant lady with a kidney stone. All the diagnosis and treatment options involve radiation which is not safe. The only thing left to do is wait until it passes. Ouch.

My doctor did a test to make sure I didn't have a UTI, I didn't, and she checked for blood in my urine. None. That combined with the fact that when I saw her yesterday I happened to be feeling a little better drove her to the decision that it was in fact ligament pain.

Today I am laid up on the couch again struggling to find a position that doesn't make my side hurt and then holding as still as I can because moving makes the pain so much worse. Sorry I thought it was a kidney stone, doctor. I've only had 4 of them and didn't know they feel EXACTLY like ligament pain.

ugh.

1 comment:

  1. I've never had a kidney stone, but I have had round ligament pain. It is, indeed, brutal. And let me just say that it was 10x worse the second time I got pregnant. I even convinced myself I had a ruptured fallopian tube because a stretching ligament couldn't possibly be my cause of death. Sorry for your pain, sister :(

    ReplyDelete