Monday, June 10, 2013

Worth Every Penny

I stumbled across a local event over the weekend and I decided Caleb just HAD to go. Touch A Truck sounded like something he would just die over with fire trucks, police cars, military vehicles, fire trucks, dump trucks, fire trucks, garbage trucks, did I say fire trucks? They also had camo face painting applied by Navy SEALs.

As if seeing the trucks up close wasn't enough he got to climb up in them and honk the horns, press buttons, and crawl all over them. He even figured out how to use the real working loud speaker in the police car. He loved shouting garble to the entire crowd at the event.

What's even better? The whole thing was a fundraiser for neuroblastoma and childhood cancer. I cried like a baby (or like a pregnant woman) while reading the story of the boy, Max, who inspired the annual event. He passed away at age 7 and his parents help put on the fundraiser in his name. That's all I'm going to say or I'm going to cry again but you can read all about Max and Touch a Truck and donate if you wish here. 

Caleb had so much fun and I had so much fun watching his excitement and awe at all the big rigs. Definitely something we will do again next year. 

DSCN7752

DSCN7735

4 comments:

  1. We had something like this when we were in Redford. I think i have a picture of one of the boys standing in the scoop of a digger! very cool. I made a donation too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No kid should have to go through that. More pictures coming on facebook

      Delete
  2. i especially liked that 100% goes toward research. I made the donation in memory/honor of uncle david/grandpa/mick & alan. The dad emailed me back & said he was sorry cancer had effected so much of my family and thanked me for the donation. This will replace the $ that that guy called for that only 12% went to the kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a blast! It being for a great cause makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete