Saturday, September 29, 2012

To Be Old...

This past week my dad and my step-mother both turned 70. They’re the cutest old people I know and I love them. My very generous uncle purchased tickets for a harbor dinner cruise for 12 people to celebrate the occasion. (Those things aren’t cheap!) Best of all, it was a surprise for both of them.

My aunt and uncle had my parents believing they were just going out to dinner. Then they thought the surprise was that it was that it was the cruise. Good thing my dad wore a suit jacket. When they got on the ship the rest of us were already there trying to hide behind our napkins while they got their complimentary glasses of champaign. My brothers are both over 6 feet tall, it didn’t work.

We had such a great evening cruising around the bay and dancing to the live band. My parents even got out on the dance floor. Did I mention that they are adorable? The best part about the whole evening was being able to see the joy on their faces and knowing that they knew they were loved. They smiled ear to ear and laughed from their bellies at “old” jokes.

When I’m 70 I want to be just like them.

DSCN6632

1 comment: