Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Rant: In Between Sizes

I hate being in between sizes. People who say they are “in between sizes” do, in fact, have a size. They just don’t like it.

There are two types of in between sizes: For people who are actively striving to lose weight and consistently lose inches week to week it doesn’t make sense to buy new clothes. They won’t fit you in a month anyway. Nothing in your closet fits. Good for you.

I believe the majority of us, myself included, fit into the second type of in between sizers. We just have a bunch of fat clothes from before we started losing weight and a bunch of skinny clothes that we bought when we lost the weight and before we put half of it back on. And we still have nothing that fits. We are literally the size in between all the sizes we own.

If you’re like me, the skinny clothes depress you because they used to fit. The fat clothes depress you because they used to fit and you hated yourself when they did…. But they are slowly starting to fit again.

The summer is nearing its end in Southern California and the extreme heat has finally taken a break. I was able to wear jeans for the first time since March. Scratch that. The weather permitted jean wearing. I actually could not because I only own “in between sizes” jeans and none that actually fit.

I’m going to a wedding next week and the Marine Corps Ball is coming up. I just tried on every dress I own, even those inappropriate for said events. Every one of them either fell right off or didn’t zip. Looks like I need to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment