Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday Rant: Flies

I live in a part of the country that has beautiful weather 95% of the year. What makes it better than other beautiful parts of the country? No bugs. We like to leave our back door open when we’re home so the dog and Mister can come and go as they please. It’s a luxury we wouldn’t have anywhere else.

This summer is different. We have flies. In the 5 years we have been in California we have never had flies. Maybe it’s because we live a little further inland now or maybe it’s because we never had a door we could leave open before. I’m telling you the flies are taking over my house. Ok, just the kitchen.

The Captain just bought an electric fly swatter. Imagine the voltage of those outdoor hanging bug zappers in the shape of a small tennis racket. You don’t have to wait for the fly to land, you just swing mid-flight and ZAP! Dead fly. It’s actually a lot of fun and I’m getting really good at my backhand.

No comments:

Post a Comment