Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Who Get's An MRI Of Their Thumb?

I just got an email from my mom that she had surgery. A month ago. Huh? It wasn't major, she tore a ligament in her thumb and had out patient surgery to reattach it.

Still. My mom had surgery and she didn't tell me. No one told me.

I know I'm "all the way on the West coast" but I have a phone. And e-mail and facebook and texting and skype. Seriously. It's 2012. The only reason it should have taken a month for me to know that my mother injured herself and needed surgery is if the information was written with a quill pen and sent by covered wagon.

At the same time... it was her thumb. It's not like she had her spleen removed. She's in good spirits, even made sure her nail polish coordinated with her cast color. Her second cast was green. I always thought green nail polish looked like a bad fungus. But if anyone can pull it off, it's my mom.

2 comments:

  1. sorry kiddo, i thought she would have told you. I mean, If I know, for sure she's told you right?
    I'm the bad daughter that forgot to call after to see how it went. Still haven't heard. The matching nail polish doesn't surprise me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently she's just sore but doing fine. The only reason she actually told me was because her physical therapist is a girl I graduated high school with and she wanted to tell me THAT. The surgery was just a back story so I knew why she was having physical therapy.

      Delete