Monday, November 26, 2012

Not-So- Black Friday

I overslept on Black Friday!!

I had every intention of being out the door at 5:30am (actually late for me) to be at the one and only store I planned on hitting on Black Friday. I spent the better part of the after-dinner-evening on Thanksgiving going through all the ads with the other crazy women in my family. I spent an unspeakable amount of time on Wednesday looking at online ads. I had my plan and I was only going to one store. I even amazed myself.

Too bad I was on call Thanksgiving night and got called in twice. I got home at 5:00am and decided I would lay my head down on the couch for 30 minutes to get a second wind. An energizing nap if you will. Brian woke me up at 8:00am.

Ahhh!! The store opened at 6:00am!! Brushed my teeth, made some coffee, kissed Caleb and got to the store at 9:00.

Distaster.

Almost everything I wanted was gone and the store looked worse than a Kansas trailer park after a tornado. I did get a few things but it was not nearly as productive as it should have been. I didn't even shop the rest of the mall, I just went home.

I also had every intention of cleaning the house so I could Christma-fy it. I almost always put up the tree and redecorate for Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving. Done with turkey? Game on Santa. But after cleaning and lack of sleep I was so exhausted that I didn't decorate at all. This Thursday... I promise.

1 comment: