Monday, August 5, 2013

Not a party for anyone

I was out of town for a few days for seminar which happened to be in Las Vegas. Who doesn't want 4 days in Vegas when work is paying for the seminar that is only 4 hours each day? I'll tell you who. This pregnant lady.

Walking around in 105 degree weather watching your feet swell with every step while staying at a crappy hotel is not fun at all.

The seminar itself was great and I'm really glad I went. Three of my co-workers went as well and it was great to hang out with them outside of work. I was kind of looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing, Brian even encouraged me to get a massage and a pedicure. None of that happened.

The hotel bed was ridiculously uncomfortable and I didn't sleep well all weekend. The air conditioner in my room sounded like a freight train. I had to get up in the morning or I didn't have time to eat before the seminar. The food and the service at the hotel were disgusting so we walked to nearby restaurants. The only place I was willing to walk to for a pedicure was dirty and charged triple what I was willing to pay. And on and on and on.

Plus it's been decided that I am never allowed to go to Vegas without Brian ever again. He gets injured every time I do. This time he broke his hand. Yes, I'm sure that bright orange cast that was put on two days before I left made bath time with a three year old much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment