Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Me Next!

I'm so excited that my sister-in-law had her baby very early Tuesday morning! So early, in fact, that it was still Monday night for me on the West coast. I'm sad that I can't be there to meet the little guy and to help her with her daughter while they adjust, or bring over dinner, or whatever they need. She went home from the hospital today and I'm jealous. I'm jealous that she has her precious new baby to snuggle. That she can finally hold him.  I'm jealous that her family can finally settle into a new normal with that much more love in their home.
But I'm also jealous that she's not pregnant anymore.

I'm crabby. I know. Aside of all the stress my pregnancy has caused with abnormal blood work, abnormal ultrasounds, high(er) blood pressure, etc I'm also just having a rough time.  
My back hurts like crazy, nausea has come back full force at 28 weeks, the pelvic pressure makes me want to never walk again, I can't sleep, and whomever said Braxton Hicks contractions don't hurt was a liar.
I didn't get any of this with Caleb. At this point I was feeling pretty well. I was huge, but good. I never got Braxton Hicks contractions, my blood pressure was controlled, it was so easy. I didn't realize how easy it was at the time. I still hated being pregnant, but it was nothing like this.  
Maybe I'm just a whiner. I know I'm not the first pregnant lady to complain about back pain. But sometimes the back pain and the abdominal pain are just too much and all my 3 year old wants to do is play cars and I can't get off the couch. I'm miserable.

Caleb was also an easy baby. I really hope this isn't a sign of what she will be like as an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment