Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oh, hi.

Update blah blah. I know, I've been absent. I've also been so exhausted that at the end of the day when I have time to blog, after Caleb has gone to bed and Brian has gone to work, after the laundry is done (or at least in the dryer), after the dishes have been washed and the toys picked up, I can barely keep my eyes open. Forget writing complete thoughts for a blog.

So, in the last two weeks what's new? I feel like saying "nothing, what's new with you?" Such a conditioned response. Life is just life, something special or worth sharing with the world doesn't happen everyday. I give bloggers who write every single day a lot of credit. Not only for coming up with a captivating topic but for finding the time.

Most notably over the last two weeks I spent an afternoon in the emergency department. I wouldn't have gone on my own but my doctor thought I should go. I called the office with complaints of chest pressure and pain with deep breaths. She said to come in and wanted to see me. After getting there and describing all my symptoms she sent me to the ED to make sure I didn't have a blood clot in my lung.

I got right in and they ran some tests. The doctor there was reserving the cat scan as a last resort because I'm pregnant but that is really the best way to check for a clot in the lung. All my other tests came back negative so he felt comfortable not doing a CT and sent me home.

I'm actually feeling better, the chest pressure is gone and I can take a deep breath now. I still get very short of breath very easily. I cleaned the house yesterday and it took forever because I had to keep stopping to rest. It's frustrating, and I feel so dumb for going to the ED. To be fair, though, I wouldn't have gone on my own. I only went because my doctor seemed really concerned and told me to go. So, can I bill her for my co-pay?

3 comments:

  1. Taking a shower used to tire me out when i was preggo w/ the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel dumb. I've had to convince myself more than once that I was not having an amniotic embolism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because we know too much, we think up the worst case scenario. Most people don't even know that an amniotic embolism is even a thing.

      Delete