Sunday, March 17, 2013

Erin go Bragh!! I guess?

It's St. Patrick's Day! I don't really know why this excites me, it shouldn't. I'm not Irish and I'm not a big drinker. I don't take pride in history behind the day nor do I make it an excuse to start drinking green beer at 9am.

I do, however, take advantage of any opportunity to make some kind of food, dessert, craft, or traditional event that will celebrate any occasion and make for fun memories and traditions.

On valentines day I made pancakes for breakfast and cut little hearts out of the middle, and we snacked on strawberries with the tops carved out so they looked like hearts. I'm always looking for something new to bake and take to work. It's no secret that I want to be Martha Stewart. Plus it's really fun to get Caleb involved and start making family traditions.

So this year, for the first time ever, I'm making corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. I've never done it before and I don't even know if I like corned beef, but it's the most traditional Irish feast (so say Americans, they don't even eat this today in Ireland) so we're going to try it. I even got some Irish soda bread to go with it. No Guinness as no one in my family is a big fan of it.

Maybe next year we'll make a leprechaun trap. With lots of glitter. Leprechauns love glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment