Monday, March 11, 2013

Me Time!

I've been trying to get my hair cut for a long long time. There's just no time for me right now and going to the salon is way down on the list of things to do. It's on the "want" list, not the "need" list. Although, depending on who you talk to it was on the verge of social indecency. But when you're a mom and a wife and working more than full time you put yourself last because everything else is more important.

Fast forward to Saturday night.

I was feeling bad. Really bad. My throat hurt so much that the pain literally woke me up and I couldn't sleep all night. But I went to work Sunday anyway. I struggled through my shift and left early as soon as my coworker got there. I got worse as the night went on and I called my boss to tell him I wasn't going to make it today.

So I had tea and soup and went to bed early. And slept in late. Still had a little bit of a sore throat but overall the sleep did wonders. So Brian says "You should go get your hair done, and get some Starbucks. You deserve it." I love that man.

I go to Paul Mitchel The School so it's easy to get a same day appointment. I got my hair highlighted, toned, and cut. My "future professional" even brought be coffee while the color set. It was the best 4 hours of me time I could have asked for. And the hair? It's awesome. So overdue and she did a really good job. I feel brand new. It's amazing what a little time for yourself can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment