Friday, March 1, 2013

Quit Asking

Why do people feel the need to meddle? My husband and I dated for a long time before we got married. A long time. We started dating when we were 15 and were on-again-off-again until our second year of college. Then we were together 4 years before getting engaged. All we heard from everyone was "When are you guys getting married?" "He didn't get you a ring yet?" "It's about time isn't it?" "What's the hold up?"

It didn't stop after we got married. It just morphed into "When are you going to have a baby?" "You're not pregnant yet?" "Don't you guys want kids?"

And it didn't stop when we had our son. It, again, just morphed into "Don't you want more?" "When are you going to have another one?" "Time for number 2!" "I thought you would have more kids by now."

The thing is, it's our life and our decision. We got married when it was right for us and we had a baby when it was right for us. And yes, we want more children. More than you know. But you can't just click your heels together and have another baby. There are a lot of things to consider and a lot of factors involved.

Maybe I'm a little sore because I found out this morning that two of the other moms at Caleb's school are pregnant. And about a million of my other friends are having or just had babies. It's hard to be happy for them but I just smiled and said congratulations and then tried to thwart off the battery of questions I got about the state of my own uterus.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment