Sunday, March 3, 2013

It's Getting Lonely In CA

Yesterday I spent the better portion of a beautiful day shopping at an outdoor mall with my best friend. With the exception of a few impulse buys it was a great afternoon. Oh, and then there's the sucky part about it being the last time I'm going to see her for... who knows. In 5 days she's got a one way ticket to Washington, DC to start a new career and new adventures.

I'm happy for her. This is good. It will be good. And weird to have her, literally, on the other side of the country. I know we won't be here forever, either. So at some point even if she stayed in California we would be the ones moving away. It's just a little surreal knowing that in a few days I she won't be a car ride up the coast away. No worries. She'll only be a plane trip over the mountains, the dessert, the plains, and more mountains. No big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment