Saturday, May 4, 2013

10 weeks

We told our parents.

We got Caleb a shirt that said Only Child Big Brother and went to my dad's for dinner. No one noticed for about an hour until my sister-in-law stared at him for a while and very apprehensively asked "Why does his shirt say big brother? Are you pregnant?!" It was fun and she was proud to be the first to notice.

Brian called his parents that night and they were excited for us and I called my mom the next day who promptly called her sister 30 seconds after hanging up with me. I guess that means she's excited.

More people at work know now but we still aren't really advertising it. If someone asks I tell them but I'm not wearing a sign around my neck and I'm still wearing scrubs loose enough to just make me look fat.

I sent my sisters and best friends a text, which isn't the most ideal way to tell people but actually the most reliable form of communication between those people.

So now that our families know it's not a big deal if other people know too. I can't wait to find out the gender!

Big Brother (1)

2 comments:

  1. text is the best way for those people?? what are you trying to say??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just saying that unless it's on facebook (and I wanted to tell you before I told facebook) the best way to reliably get a hold of any of you is by text. No one answers their phone anymore. People respond to texts. And I couldn't fly out and knock on your door.

      Delete