Monday, May 20, 2013

I Enjoy Seeing the Inside of My Eyelids

I'm exhausted. Physically and mentally I'm just done. It all started Thursday night.

I was on call and working the late shift. Thursdays are normally my day off but I traded so I could have Saturday off. I'll get to that. So I'm working late, it's 10:30pm and nothing is going on in the department. I figure I'm on call, I'll just start my call early and go home to get a head start on sleep (I normally work until midnight). I was home just long enough to change my clothes and get comfortable when they called me back in for TWO studies. When I got to work the order times were 10:32 and 10:44. Had the front desk person been paying attention I would have been able to come back in before I even left the parking lot. So by the time I got there one patient had already been admitted and one was being transferred, literally on the paramedic gurney being wheeled out the door. Needless to say I was not happy. I got home and in bed for about 30 minutes before I got called again. I didn't sleep Thursday night.

Friday was Caleb's birthday and I was just too tired to take him to school. It's a 45 minute drive for 2 hours of 13 crazy toddlers and a 45 min drive home. I wasn't up for it. But I did have a gazillion things to do that day to get ready for his party. I didn't get a nap. But it mostly got done. I had intended to do the decorating that night so it would save time in the morning. But I had also had a constant headache since Thursday afternoon and by Friday evening I just couldn't take it and had to go to bed.

Saturday morning I was running behind, decorating, and still had a headache. But Caleb's party/brunch was a success and fun. He had a great time and I hope his friends and our guests did too. They even helped clean up. I don't remember Saturday night. I was just tired and everything was blurry.

Sunday I worked. I over slept from depravity and I was late but I finally felt a little better. Monday (today) I worked a 6 hour shift, with a headache, and then hauled to a 4 hour meeting across town. Four hour meetings are no fun when you have to pee every 20 minutes. Now I'm home and I'm using my very last bit of energy to write this blog. Because I'm certainly not going to clean the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment