Friday, May 24, 2013

Baby Ga

I asked Caleb what he thought the baby's name should be. He said, very proudly, "Ga!"

We'll keep an open mind.

Lately this baby has been causing trouble. I don't remember ever feeling this bad the first time around. Sure, being pregnant was no picnic for me but I attributed that mostly to the fact that my husband deployed shortly after we found out and I was going through it all alone. I was healthy, though, and had what I would now consider a very easy pregnancy. I went through the exhausted, low energy phases but it wasn't so bad. It was just me. If I didn't feel like making dinner I didn't. I ate a lot of cereal. I didn't have to take call at work and my shift didn't start until 8:30 am. I slept a lot. My blood pressure was never an issue until week 39, my back and feet never hurt, morning sickness was only in the morning and completely subsided without return by week 11.

No such luck this time. I'm on call two nights a week and my shift, with a 30 minute commute, starts at 6:00am. On my days off my 3 year old wake me up by 6am and I MUST get him breakfast lest he starve. Not cooking dinner is not an option with two hungry boys in the house. Not doing laundry is not an option. Not cleaning the bathrooms is not an option (boys are gross). So when I'm tired, I'm just tired and I have to suck it up. Most days I'd give almost anything for a nap.

I will say the morning sickness was better this time. I haven't actually thrown up. However, here I am at week 15 and eating in general is still a struggle. I'm hungry, oh believe me I'm hungry. But nothing is appetizing. Ever. I rarely want anything that is available and drinking water nauseates me. I just want to want food again. (Said the fat girl who wished she had self control. Karma?)

And lets not get started on my blood pressure. Or, yes, lets. It's been way too high. I've been on medication but it isn't working. My doctor told me to start taking the meds twice a day if I noticed it getting high. I did and it was still really high. High enough to give me debilitating headaches for 5 straight days. I called my Dr, went back in, and she adjusted the dosage again.

I don't know if it's the blood pressure, the lack of sleep, the lack of stable meals or all of it together but I just feel rotten. In general I just never feel well. 15 weeks along and I'm already short of breath after normal activity. Baby Ga better get it together or it's going to be a really long 9 months.

1 comment:

  1. Not cooking dinner & not doing laundry are options: Brian.

    ReplyDelete