Wednesday, May 1, 2013

8 weeks

I really thought I might get away without the dreaded morning sickness this time around. I was feeling really good, too good actually. I had zero pregnancy symptoms. No morning sickness, no breast tenderness, nothing. I was convinced something was wrong. I'm irritable but I attribute that to my lack off coffee.

I had an ultrasound and everything is fine, peanut looks great. Then the day I turned 8 weeks BAM! Like a ton of bricks I was nauseated. I woke up and couldn't eat breakfast. I took a shower and had to lie down. I tried to get ready for work and I had to put on my make up in stages because I couldn't stand up long enough without being overwhelmed with nausea.

I went to work with a Vernors on hand and no lunch because the thought of anything made me feel worse. It didn't help. I was assisting a biopsy at work and I really almost threw up. I was standing there with a mask on breathing my own air in a hot room standing watching the procedure. I almost lost it. I was nauseous from 4:30am until noon. Ugh.

That night I put some saltines on my nightstand next to the alarm clock. I remember with Caleb I learned that, for me, the trick to overcoming morning sickness was to eat a couple of crackers in the morning before I even sat up. Then just lay there for 10 more minutes. I know every pregnancy is different but I though it was worth a shot. It worked. I've done that for two days in a row now and feel fine. I don't feel great because I'm exhausted every minute of the day, but I'm not nauseated and I'm able to eat real food, including breakfast.

But the exhaustion? I haven't made it past 9:00pm all week and if I don't keep moving I fall asleep on the couch in the middle of the day. Brian is so understanding and helpful. He just lets me sleep. After all, growing a person is hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment