Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Why yes, I am right handed

Physical therapy for my shoulder has been going well. After just three sessions my therapist, Matt, said I was already 40% better. And I feel it. The first session was rough, I hurt more the next day. But then it got easier and I could tell I was getting better.
At my fourth session Matt asked for an update (like he always does) and I told him that after a very busy weekend at work my shoulder only hurt minimally (muscle aches, not the pain I was getting PT for) and that my hand didn't go numb at all. Matt did a fist pump and a happy dance. Huge progress!!
Today was another story. Yesterday was insanely busy at work, I didn't even get a lunch. Crabby, hungry pregnant ladies are not to be messed with. I fully expected my shoulder to hurt today and to need ice. No! Zero pain, absolutely zero. But my hand? Oh numbness and tingles every time I grabbed the transducer. And when I blow dry my hair. And when I use a knife. And when I drive, and write, and open a door. Matt did not do a happy dance.
The hand is getting worse. Fast. And it's really annoying. It's been decided that it's pregnancy induced carpal tunnel. Because I need one more thing. So I just need to deal with it until after the baby is born and wear a brace all the time. Here's hoping it goes away when she's born and with rest from maternity leave. Not being able to blow dry my hair has been devastating.

2 comments:

  1. I had carpal tunnel while pregnant with Dayton and it was AWFUL so I feel your pain! Chiropractic helped when it first started, but not a lot after I started getting REALLY big. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awful, and it's getting worse. I can't even write because holding the pen causes my hand to go numb. Did it get better after he was born?

      Delete