Monday, November 4, 2013

Baby Day!

I'm finally getting it back together after having a baby. Back up. I had baby! I intended to blog more throughout the whole ordeal to keep you all (read "both of you") more updated but it just didn't happen. I'd like to still pretend that I did so, if you'll humor me, you may see a few rapid fire posts as I relive the last few weeks and tell the story of the arrival of our sweet Baby Girl.

When I last left you I was scheduled to go into the doctor's office for regular NSTs and fluid checks. In the midst of that there was a Tuesday night that I called the office after hours when I noticed my blood pressure was too high at home. My doctor happened to be on call and she sent me to Labor and Delivery, my home away from home. After being there for an hour my pressure had come down and the baby looked great on the monitor so she sent me home.

Wednesday, the next day, I had my regular appointment at the office. The first thing the nurse does is get me on the monitor and then check my blood pressure. It was dangerously high. Something in the range of 160/105. She told my doctor who promptly sent me back to L&D. I didn't even get to finish the NST.

So here I am in my familiar little monitoring room at the hospital with all my new nurse friends. My BP came down but still around 150/90.  I'm 36 weeks and 2 days and the doctor on call just said "We're done messing around with this."  So I've been admitted tonight and scheduled for induction tomorrow. It's baby day!! She still doesn't have a name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment