Saturday, November 30, 2013

ID please?

Life has been busy. I mean Busy. I expected that having two children would be harder than having one. Of course, numbers and logic tell you that. But no one tells you how much harder. Let me be the one to tell you, its about a thousand percent harder. And then add the tip.

I love it, though. I wouldn't change it and I don't wish I didn't have another one. Brian, however is already talking about a third. I'm pretty sure I breathed fire and used The Force to choke him. Not that I don't want three kids, I don't know. But gees, give me some time to recover and forget how much I hate being pregnant. Once I start sleeping again is a better time to approach me about subjects that require conscious thought.

On a brighter note I was able to get out of the house the other day without either child. Ok, I dropped Caleb off at school, didn't have Megan, and went to the produce market. Still. NO KIDS. I bought wine.

The teenager at the checkout did not card me for the wine. Ok, so my hair wasn't done, I was carrying a diaper bag for a purse, I smelled like spit up and I only think that my shoes matched. But cut a girl some slack and card me anyway. When a woman looks like that and is buying wine she is either lonely, desperate, or both. Make her smile, ask for ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment