Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Resolve To Resolve

I'm two days into the new year and I haven't made a resolution. Every year I make up something that sounds good and is usually cliche, and I never stick to it. I'm lame. This year I tried to think of something that I could actually do so I wouldn't feel like a failure by March.

I resolve to eat better. No, Rachel brought cheesecake to work on Jan 1. You know I ate it.

I resolve to drink less coffee. No, I just bought a mug that gets me free Starbucks everyday for the entire month of January. I'm two for two.

I resolve to exercise more. Ok, by more I mean at all. I spent my entire morning on the couch. (Which is also where I spent my New Years Eve asleep at 10:30)

I.Am.Lame. I resolve to be less lame. It is a resolution no real measurable level of success. Therefore, I am less likely to feel like a failure. If I do one cool thing this year I can consider myself less lame. Now I just have to find something cool to do. When you're 30 is there still a "cool crowd?" What are they doing this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. my resolution is to not make a resolution. darn broken again.

    ReplyDelete