Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Buying Some Time

At my Monday appointment my doctor said she really feels that my time with this pregnancy is very limited. I'm 32 weeks now and everyone seems to think that 34 weeks is the magic number. But if the results from the 24 hour test came back bad or my ultrasound next Monday is bad she would need to deliver me. She didn't want me to miss the window where a steroid shot to mature Baby Girl's lungs would be effective so she called ahead and off to the hospital we went.

Brian and I sat in a little room for almost two hours while they had me on monitors and gave me a shot, which hurt like crazy. I'm glad Brian was holding my hand. And making me guzzle juice so she'd move for the monitors.

Tuesday I went back to the hospital for round two of the shot. It didn't hurt as bad but I'm pretty sure the nurse mistook my huge love handle for a butt cheek and the medicine went into my fat and not my muscle. I don't blame her, my love handles are nice and round and my butt cheek is flat like the back of my thigh should be. One could only assume. She assured me it was fine.

Today I got the results from my 24 hour test and they were a little high. Just past the cut off for early preeclampsia. But given my gestational age and the fact that my BP has been stable, high but stable, she doesn't think there needs to be any intervention at this time. A small blessing of relief!

So for now, Baby Girl gets to stay in a little longer. At least until my ultrasound on Monday. Unless I actually go into pre-term labor we aren't having a baby this weekend. With that, Brian is getting on a  plane tomorrow morning and leaving me until Sunday. I don't know how I'm going to rest being a single mom of a 3 year old for 4 days.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a trip to Camp Uncle Eddie is in order

    Really wishing i was closer to help you out. feeling guilty.

    ReplyDelete