Friday, September 6, 2013

Cleanig party, anyone?

I'm not a messy person but I'm not super clean either. I do laundry when there are no clean towels, I do dishes when there are no clean bowls. That's how I operate. Unless people are coming over.

Nothing makes me clean like having guests. Doesn't matter who it is, if I know someone will be entering my home it has to be clean. Brian and I joke that we need to have people over more often (it's rare) because that's the only way we pick up clutter, and usually the only way I clean the kitchen floor. 

Sunday morning Caleb has a play date and my house is hazmat worthy. I love that Caleb has actual friends that he asks to play with by name, and I love it even more when I get along with their mom. It makes play dates and zoo trips so much less annoying when the other mom is someone I enjoy hanging out with too.

So here we are, Friday night and with no motivation I look around the house thinking of all the things I need to do and clean and put away before they get here on Sunday. "Thinking about" is the key phrase here. I know I will kick myself later for saying "I can do it tomorrow."

Leanne, if you get here Sunday and no one answers the door, just come inside. I'll probably be trapped under a pile of laundry holding a can of Lysol and a white flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment