Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hanging On

I saw my doctor today to go over the ultrasound results and check on how the new blood pressure meds are working. She's not panicking either but made it clear that I am much more high risk than we originally thought. I've been high risk since the beginning but my complications are progressing and she's watching me like a hawk. 

As of today my blood pressure is still extremely high and there was a little protein in my urine. That prompted her to up medications once again and to order stat labs and a 24 hr urine study. The labs came back normal, thank goodness. I was never diagnosed with preeclampsia because I never had protein in my urine. But now... it's a possibility. The 24 hr test will tell for sure and if there is too much, "We'll have to deliver you." Like, next week?! I wasn't prepared for that.

I was still trying to wrap my brain around the possibility of being delivered in 3 weeks. Now there is a possibility that it could be next week? Right, like that's going to help me keep my blood pressure down.

I'm officially off work as of today and she put me on modified bed rest. It's way sooner than I thought and all a little scary, but I know it's the right thing to do. I know it's what's best for this little girl and if staying home keeps her in even one week longer I'll take it.

1 comment:

  1. try not to worry. I had to do a 24 hr collection for one of the boys too. Baby girl is already made it farther than alot of preemies have. My SIL has 3 first graders that were born at 28 weeks. Hang in there. Modified bed rest is what I was on with Jimmy when you came to help clean my house way back when.

    ( I mean all of this to make you feel better, not to minimize what you are going through)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete