Saturday, August 14, 2010

I Might Be Hungry

I love oatmeal. I eat it every single day for breakfast, literally. Every day. Sometimes when The Captain is gone I have it for dinner too. Part of it is because I also have a deeply rooted affection for carbohydrates but also because it’s warm and comforting. Something about tucking my sweat pant covered legs under me while snugged in the corner of the couch holding a hot bowl of oatmeal just makes my morning.

I suppose it’s healthy for me too. Oats are supposed to lower your cholesterol and be great for your heart. That is, of course, if I don’t add a cup of brown sugar. Actually, the Quaker instant low-sugar packets are my favorite. I can be completely satisfied with those 120 calories and a cup of coffee. Way better for me than a stack of blueberry pancakes, my first love.

I’m high maintenance about my blueberry pancakes. The berries have to be cooked in the batter, none of this goopy processed pie-filling-compote junk. No. Real blueberries cooked right inside buttermilk batter. If we go out to breakfast I always ask and if it’s “fruit on top” I don’t even bother. Egg white omelet it is. And hash browns. Did I mention I love carbohydrates? Did I also mention I’m on a diet?

2 comments:

  1. MMMMMM... Pancakes...

    We are going to have to go for some before my wagon train here heads east, capiche??? :) :) :) (Or maybe since we'll both be on diets we can just go somewhere to SMELL pancakes while we be good little girls eating our egg whites... tee hee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... Join in if you want. http://mamaellesays.blogspot.com/2010/08/introducing-not-so-fat-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete