Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Story of My Keurig

For those of you who don't know, the Keurig is the Lexus of coffee makers. My in-laws got my one for my birthday last year and I absolutely love it. As much as I abuse it on a daily basis now, I actually didn't use it much right away. When I got it we were in the process of packing for our next move and I didn't want to take it out of it's perfectly cushioned shipping box to put it in another box. So it sat on the floor with the other ready-to-load-in-the-truck boxes until moving day.

Unpacking is always a slow and (not-so) methodical process. The Keurig box made it to the kitchen and that's about as far as it got for a few weeks. I finally cleared the other boxes enough to have counter space for the Keurig and set it up. I think I used it twice before I found out I was pregnant and was forbidden from even thinking about caffeine. I tried making decaf but it's just not the same. Sigh, see you in nine months my friend.

Fast forward. Welcome to the world Mister and welcome back Keurig! Oh how I've missed you! I have absolutely overworked and abused my beloved gourmet coffee maker in the past 10 weeks. New mommies need -NEED- coffee. As much as I thought I was an addict before, this doesn't even compare.

Then. It happened. A disaster of epic proportions. My Keurig has died. The lights are off, the buttons don't work. I changed plugs, checked the circuits, hit the power button repeatedly (because maybe if I hit it one more time, this time something different will happen), opened and closed the lid, checked the connections, checked the water level. Flat line.

Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic. Because I save everything I still have my old coffee maker from before I was married. My old room mate and I brewed a lot of great pots with that trusty old gal. I brought it down from the top shelf, excited to see an old friend and ready for a cup of fresh ground beans when I realized... I have no filters. The Keurig doesn't use filters so I haven't purchased any in over a year. I tore my cupboards apart looking for anything that resembled a size 4 cone. Paper towel... nylons...I have nothing. Ok, panic!

So here I sit, waiting for The Captain to wake up and stay with Mister so I can go to The Coffee Bean. Wake up, wake up, wake up....

1 comment:

  1. This is apparently a common complaint for the brewer. I think if you call them, you they will either give you a fix or send you a new one.

    ReplyDelete