Monday, August 9, 2010

Who's That Girl in the White Coat?

4:00am
Wake up!!! Today is my first day back to work. I’m excited to be back. I’m anxious too. I feel like a kid on the first day of school, I even bought a new lunch box. I set out my scrubs and ironed my lab coat last night. I really miss work and I feel blessed to be able to say that. I love what I do. More than that, I love my job. I work at a great place with fantastic people and we’re a little family. I’ve missed them.

6:15am
I’ve already realized that I’ve forgotten all my passwords and door codes and I had 270 emails in my inbox to sort through. So far there is only one patient for me to see and I’m so happy to be doing it that I don’t even mind that I have to haul my monstrous machine upstairs to do the exam at the bedside (he is unable to leave his room). Normally this is a huge inconvenience but today I am pleased to accommodate his needs. I bet that feeling won’t last…

10:30am
Still have only seen that one patient. At first I was thankful that my boss scheduled my first day back as a Sunday because they are historically slow. I thought that would make it an easy transition back to work but Good Lord I didn’t want it to be THIS slow.

1:30pm
My co-worker has arrived and I have to go home an hour early because I still have only seen one patient. Packin' it up

Overall I'll say it was a successful first day. Uneventful is sometimes the best you can ask for. I rewarded myself with ice cream after dinner. Don't worry it was a little individual serving of Skinny Cow. Hey, chocolate fudge chunk is chocolate fudge chunk.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm... your supervisor might have been onto something with that coming back on a Sunday thing. Glad it went well! :)

    ReplyDelete