Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Valentine Shoe Box

I got a shoe box in the mail last night. It was, of course, a red shoe box in honor of the upcoming holiday. I wonder how long it took my mom to find a pair of shoes that she liked that came in a red box. Brian brought it in the house with a concerned look on his face. We just never know whats going to be inside.

She actually picked out a cute outfit for Caleb that he can wear when it starts getting warmer and paper plates that had Thomas the Tank Engine on them. For me, lots of home made chocolate hearts and heart shaped candy suckers and chocolate dipped pretzels with pink heart sprinkles on them etc, etc. I appreciate the gesture but she knows I don't eat that stuff. My friends at work appreciate the gesture more. (So I kept ONE chocolate covered oreo. Call the diet police.)

Here's the shocker. Wrapped separately from everything else in it's own blue tissue paper, distinct from everything else red and pink, was a small little gift that said "Happy Birthday Brian." *gasp* Not only did she acknowledge him but she remembered his birthday! Ok, I may have mentioned it in the last email I sent her. Still, thanks Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Does she usually forget his birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She usually forgets him all together. The boxes she sends always have something for me and my son, nothing for my husband. Not that he's looking for anything. Even cards she sends are addressed to "Kelly and Caleb" like my husband isn't here so I was shocked when she made an effort for his birthday.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete