Saturday, February 9, 2013

One Of Those Days

There are days when I have to hug my son so I don't choke him. There are days when I just need him to be quiet and go away or I might smack him. I lose my patience. I get frustrated. But he's 2, and I'm human. I know my limits, he's learning them.

But there are days when I am so absolutely proud of him and realize the joy that he is and how much I love him. I don't love him any less on the frustrating days, there are just some days when I am reminded of how wonderful he is and how lucky I am to be his mom. I think God gives me these days sporadically so I don't take them for granted.

Today is one of those days. Caleb woke up and saw Brian in the hallway. He said "Mommy go work?" Brian replied, "No, she's here." I came around the corner and he saw me. He got a huge smile on his face, threw his arms out for a hug and yelled "I love you!" Mommy melt. Then Brian asked for a hug too and Caleb said, "No! I hug Momma!" and he didn't let go.

Even on his worst days I couldn't ask for a better kid. I wouldn't trade him for the world. I wouldn't copy him either. He's special and unique, right down to the little vein between his eyes, and he amazes me every day. I didn't think I was ready for him and he completely changed every bit of my life forever, but I can't imagine my world without him now. He is my constant reminder that God knows what's best for me, and being Caleb's mom is the best thing I think can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment