Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dreams Do Come True

I have hated jeans my entire life. I have a funny body shape and even when I was my thinnest they have never fit me well. I have tried every brand, every style, every fit. Trying on jeans is agonizing and traumatizing for me. I usually leave the store without buying anything and a little bit of my soul left in the fitting room.

Over the years I have come up with a select few pair that are just ok and I have worn them over and over and over. I never have more than two pair at a time that I can wear, usually only one. Then of course there are the "fat pants." Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. Sadly, the fat pants always slowly turn into just pants and the other half decent pair of jeans I own can only be worn with an over-sized sweatshirt to hide the muffin top they give me.

I've been doing well with my diet and feeling better about myself. I've even noticed that my current clothes fit me better and the notch on my belt needed to be adjusted. So I did what any woman in my situation would do. I went shopping. I went jeans shopping. I bought the first pair I put on because were a size smaller and they buttoned. I was a little overzealous. After getting them home I paid more attention to the fit and it still wasn't right. The very next day I was at Costco and they had Lucky Brand jeans for $30. I figure any jeans for $30 is a good deal and Costco has a great return policy so I bought them without trying them on.

Insert shocked face. And a little bit of fear.

I have never. Ever. In my entire life. Purchased jeans without trying them on. I got the same size as the first pair (one size smaller than before!) and crossed my fingers. I got them home, put them on, viola! They fit! More than that, they fit well!! I heard angels sing in my bedroom.

So I did what any woman in my situation would do. I bought more jeans. I happened to be at the Gap outlet the other day and scanned through the clearance section. There, with light radiating from the hanger, was a pair of clearance jeans in my size. My NEW size. I tried them on. Success! I bought them and another 30% was taken off at the register for a grand total of $9.07.

Folks, I just bought two pair of great jeans (jeans!) for a great price and they fit and they are comfortable and they are a new size smaller. I have conquered the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment