Thursday, February 21, 2013

Take That, Hostess!

Y'all? I made twinkies. I don't know how I became the resident baker at work but I get recruited to bring in something tasty all the time. Over the past 6 months or so it's become sort of game to see who can give me the biggest challenge. They make stuff up and I adapt recipes and try to come up with something delicious. Sometimes it's a complete disaster.

The latest challenge came as a response to the recent event of Hostess closing it's factory doors. Make a twinkie, they said. I was surprised to find a recipe online so easily. I thought about just making them in a cupcake pan, but what fun is that? So I made the molds too.

DSCN7158

They turned out pretty well. Not exactly like a twinkie, and everyone agreed they needed more creme filling, but that didn't stop them from eating every last one of them.

DSCN7159

You can find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment